[Samba] Solaris 9 --with-krb5 problems

ww m-pubsyssamba pubsyssamba at bbc.co.uk
Fri Mar 5 16:48:48 GMT 2004

Hi,

I am running configure with the option --with-krb5=/opt/local which is
where I have heimdal installed.  The problem is that after running make,
it still tries to use the include files from SUN that are in /usr/ and this
screws up the compile.

## Mmm strange, I've not had any problems on Solaris 9 with MIT Kerberos...
## What files is it accidentally using, and in what way does this screw up your compile?

Since I only need samba to be a PDC for my windows workstations,
Should I just build it without kerberos support?  I will store all samba
user information in ldap and so authentication will be done against the
ldap LMpasswd and NTpasswd entries and not through kerberos.  This is my
understanding so please correct me if I am wrong.

## I think there are some ways of implementing MIT KDC server with Samba as a PDC but this is not a normal configuration.
## If all you want is a Samba PDC using NTLM authentication then I do not beleive you need any Kerberos support
## hope this helps, Andy.