[Samba] Re: Trying to put a MS SQL 7.0 database on a samba share

Zylo shiningzylo at caramail.com
Thu Mar 4 14:59:24 GMT 2004

I can only confirm that it is a very bad idea. DB works with "block" access
to the disks, and samba (or CIFS, NAS, ...) works with "file" access. You
may have caching problems, oplocks problems, and coming with that database
corruption problems.
If you want to centralize data, consider using a SAN on which you build your
NAS and your SQL database.

Regards.

news:OF3FA46BF8.7865530B-ON42256E4D.003BAB09-42256E4D.003C1112 at decillion.net...