[Samba] changing domain user passwd from linux box

Kashif Awan kashif_aawan at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 4 05:41:58 GMT 2004

Hello everyone
I have installed samba-3.0.2 on RH AS 2.1 and joined
it to active directory domain and also configured
winibind. I can access shares on box linux and windows
pc,s and my domain users are successfully loging on to
linux box but when I domain users wants to changes it
active directory passwd using passwd command this
erros is returned

passwd:Authentication token manipulation error

does anybody know what could be the possible reason
for this error.
Regards