[Samba] Re: wbinfo -u returns 0xc0000022

Salmons, Michael SalmonsM at missouri.edu
Wed Mar 3 22:30:24 GMT 2004

I figured out what was going on and thought I'd share it. The account I was invoking with wbinfo -A has a special character in the password that coincides with the character I myself had designated in the winbind config as the separator between domain and username! Du-uhhh. So the PDC thought I was trying to send the domain name couched inside the user's password. Made for some entertaining entries in the PDC's security logs.

Thanks for your responses.

Michael