[Samba] Roaming profile permissions questions

Will Saxon WillS at housing.ufl.edu
Wed Mar 3 13:47:01 GMT 2004

Hello,

I would like to host our Terminal Services and Roaming Profiles on a Samba 3.0.2 server. I am able to have profiles created correctly for any user except those who are listed as 'admin users' - currently our Domain Admins group as '@DOMAIN-Domain Admins'. What happens is that a profile is created with the actual owner as root and an ACL entry for the actual user. For whatever reason, Win2k does not know what to do about this and fails loading the profile.

I also have tried to set an ACL entry allowing Domain Admins control over the profiles directory on the samba server. I then checked 'inherit acls' and 'map acl inherit' for the samba share, thinking I could give the Domain Admins full control that way. However, new profile directories are not inheriting that ACL.

Is this expected behavior? Is there a way for users listed as admin users to have Roaming profiles with Win2k and Samba 3, while maintaining administration capability through the Win2k permissions interface(s)?

Will Saxon
Systems Programmer - Network Services
Department of Housing and Residence Education
University of Florida
Email: wills at housing.ufl.edu
Phone: (352) 392-2171 x10148