[Samba] Browsing problem

Sutto Zoltan sutto.zoltan at rutinsoft.hu
Tue Mar 2 18:55:46 GMT 2004

On Windows 9x/XP clients I can connect to the samba server by its name, ip
address but
when I try to browse the network using Network Neighbourhood only the samba
can be seen.
After restarting client(s) they can see each other including server too for
a while.

Clients computers using TCP/IP only configured automatically with DHCP.

smb.conf :

[global]
   server string = Samba
   netbios name = server
   interfaces = eth1  lo
   bind interfaces only = yes
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
   os level = 67
   local master = yes
   preferred master = yes
   domain master = yes
   wins support = yes
   wins proxy = yes
   name resolve order = wins lmhosts bcast host
   dns proxy = no
   client code page = 852
   character set = ISO8859-2
   hosts allow = 192.168.27. 127.
   delete readonly = yes

;  guest account = pcguest
   log level = 2
   log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
   max log size = 5120
   security = user
   encrypt passwords = yes
   smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
   unix password sync = Yes
   passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
   passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n
   pam password change = yes
   username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
   obey pam restrictions = yes
   getwd cache = yes