[Samba] session user name win XP

Pieter Vanmeerbeek pv at able.be
Tue Mar 2 11:32:54 GMT 2004

Hi,

We've recently upgraded from samba 2.2 to samba 3.0.2.a . We used to get
the session name with %U on our samba server. This  name was used when
receiving a fax message for the samba fax. The  name was used to send
an acknowledge message to the user.  In version 2.2 this worked fine ,
also for a windows XP client. However in version 3.0.2a  the %U field is
empty for requests. I've tested it with a  Windows XP client, I don't
know if a problem exists for other clients. Does anyone know the
solution for this problem?

greetings,
Pieter

PS. This is our smb.conf file :

[global]
   ; Public name
   server string = aXs GUARD Server

   ; Negotiate encrypted passwords (special program compilation needed !)
   encrypt passwords = yes

   ; CASE
   ; When new files are created, use the original case if possible
   preserve case = yes
   ; otherwise, use lower case
   default case = lower

   ; PRINTING
   ; bsd type, using /etc/printcap
   printing = bsd
   ; printcap name = /etc/printcap
   load printers = yes

   ; general parameters
   guest account = nobody
   log file = /var/log/samba-log.%m
   lock directory = /var/lock/samba
   share modes = yes
   workgroup = Office
   debuglevel = 0
   dns proxy = no
   ; Geen domain master !
   domain master = no
   local master = no

   ; auto disconnect after 15 minutes inactive
   dead time = 15

   os level = 5

   ; was yes till 14/07/98.
   ; setting to yes causes the aXs GUARD to Dial-out !
   wins support = no
   wins proxy = no

   ; default has changed since 2.0.0
   security = share
   ; test for NT4
   ; revalidate = no

   ; to prevent loading all printers for Browse
   ; load printers = no

[homes]
   browseable = no
   ; comment = Home Directories
   ; browseable = yes
   ; read only = no
   ; create mode = 0750

[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   printable = yes
   browseable = no
   public = no
   writable = no

; Fax systeem
[fax]
   comment = FAX Service
   print ok = yes
   browseable = yes
   printer driver = HP LaserJet 4/4M PS
   path = /ub/pkg/fax/spool/spool
   public = yes
   writable = no
   ; valid users = \@users
   ; user = \@users

   print command = /bin/sh /ub/scripts/fax-wrap S %s %p %j %U
   lpq command = /bin/sh /ub/scripts/fax-wrap L %s %p %j %U
   lprm command = /bin/sh /ub/scripts/fax-wrap R %s %p %j %U

; Trukken
;
; Voor NT:
;    printer driver = HP LaserJet 4L