[Samba] Changing 644 back to 600 on smbpasswd automatically?

TeeCee teecee at teecee.hu
Tue Mar 2 09:10:09 GMT 2004

Hi Jeremy and thanks for the fast answer! :o)

> Samba smbd does that. This file should not be 644, as it contains
> the users hashed passwords (ie. you're giving full access to all
> users passwords to anyone on the system). Samba is trying to
> protect you from yourself here....
I may have known the security reasons, but the password is not in plain text,
and the samba is only reachable from the intranet, where we have only a few
PCs...

Any other help to list all the users that are on samba with account flags and
LCT?

Awaiting You answers:
  TeeCee :o)