[Samba] Changing AD pasword

Larry Ash lar at ashfamily.org
Tue Mar 2 08:28:13 GMT 2004

> You have failed to state what your problem is!

Sorry, I guess I did.
The user logs in on the Windows machine and is prompted to change
his/her password. The user selects a new password and everything
seems ok except the new password is never stored on the
Active Directory machine. No errors, they just have to use the
old password to log in the next time.

One other thing that I should have mentioned is that the
Active Directory server is on a different subnet than the
Windows machines or samba server, which are both on the same subnet.

Larry Ash