[Samba] Changing AD pasword

Larry Ash lar at ashfamily.org
Tue Mar 2 05:32:17 GMT 2004

Running Samba3.0.2a in linux (Gentoo)
security = ads

Users are logging in fine (XP and W2K), using samba for file sharing and
printing.

We have (by corporate decree) a fairly short password life. When the
password is about to expire the user is prompted to change it during their
windows logon. I have seen mention of synchronizing the password with unix
but no mention of pushing it back to the AD server.

If it's mentioned in the combined howto and I've missed it sorry; how
about a reference to the page / section. Otherwise has anyone figured this
out?

Larry Ash
Casper Star-Tribune