[Samba] Can't login to Samba PDC

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Mar 1 18:16:06 GMT 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 10:42, Scott Gross wrote:
> First thing is what list do you keeping talking about?  Am I not supposed to
> be asking about Samba things in this list?

---
The Samba list is the list I am specifically referring to. Everytime you
hit the 'reply' button, it replies only to me. If you hit 'reply to all'
it will also reply to the samba list. Every reply I have hit, I have
added the samba at lists.samba.org to the address because you seem to only
want to reply to me. Thus, you would be asking Samba things to the samba
list if you would only include the samba list in your replies.
---
> Second is the domain names are different.  That is how you can tell which
> domain you are logging into.  Why don't you try helping with the problem or
> let someone else if you don't want to.

---
I would be happy to let someone else help you - you have to actually
post to the list instead of just emailing me.

If the domain names are different, then your usage of the term migrate
in your original email was misleading and I'm sorry it took me 4 emails
to get this information out of you.

Evidently, the method you are using to 'join' the domain with the
computer isn't functioning properly. Are you putting the computer
accounts in the 'People' container? Is root a samba member? Do you use
the Win2K/WinXP wizard to join the domain?

Craig