[Samba] Samba 3.0.2a with win2k and NT wrkstn

Chris chrisd at better-investing.org
Mon Mar 1 15:19:26 GMT 2004

Hello.

I am having a problem here.  I installed samba 3.0.2a, and have it
authenticating nicely against our windows 2000 server, which is using active
directory in a "mixed" environment (for the time being).

Everything seems to be working very nicely from XP and 2000 clients -- but no
NT4 machines can access my samba server.

If an NT4 client goes to network neighborhood and double-clicks the server it
yields this error:

"\\Server is not accessible.

There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request."

Those NT4 workstations have no problem accessing the windows 2000 server, or
other computers in the domain.  Likewise that windows 2000 domain controller
can access the NT4 workstations with no problems.

Can someone please tell me what is going on here, and how I can fix this?

Thanks!

Chris