[Samba] Drive mappings timing out in XP

Derek Smith derek.smith at pways.com
Wed Jun 30 20:50:15 GMT 2004

Yes I am having a similar problem. However I have not found the RIGHT
solution yet.

My problem seems to be steming from WINS. Are you using WINS? If so try
diabling it and restarting.
Or another thing to try is to use LMHOSTS or hosts file name resolution.

Let me know if you find any realy fixes for this.

Derek
Linux Administrator