[Samba] Logon script problem

Jason Lieurance jason at vipersystems.biz
Wed Jun 30 16:00:50 GMT 2004

John H Terpstra said:

> When a user logs onto a domain member machine a drive connection is automatically
> set up to the NETLOGON share.
> The drive letter used is the last letter available (usually Z:). This connection
> is mostly dropped on completion of logon.
>
> Files can be executed off any drive mapping that is made. What makes you believe
> otherwise?

I understand that, but I don't know why it says:

Z:\>NET USE H: /HOME
The current directory is invalid.

to every 'net use' line.

But with the novell client installed, it works fine.

Like I said, this is on a fresh installed of WinXP Pro with SRV PK 1 with admin
access on the clients. Now, if I load the novell client(the server the samba server
will replace), the logon script will work fine when checking 'workstation only' and
setting the domain tab to 'my domain' and putting in my UN & PW for the domain in
the client login box.

Doesn't make sense and log doesn't help