[Samba] Smb PDC cracks with ldap, without ok

Miguel Casas-Sánchez m.casas at falk-meddv.de
Wed Jun 30 14:37:47 GMT 2004

Hi everybody

I have a puzzling situation, I am trying to set up a PDC domain
controller, Suse 9.1 with Samba 3.0.4 (ok, suse comes with 3.0.2 but I
have tried almost everything XD ), autenticating against ldap 2.2.6
(original suse); also with the smbldap-tools.

The situation is, everything works fine without ldap, that is, smbpasswd
backend, I did create the directories for profiles and I got away with
it, roaming and so on. The thing is when I connect ldap, ldapsamb
backend, the first logon process for machines goes ok, but when trying
to log into the domain as a user, the computer hangs up or does a reset.
Watching the slapd messages, the authentication is correct, so it seems
like a problem when trying to download the profile. It seems quite a
trivial matter but a little bit annoying.

I'm going a long way with this problem, so anybody mind to help me?
thanks in advance.