[Samba] Re: [fwd: [Fwd: Re: network response] ]

Chris Garrigues cwg-dated-1089032093.48bcf5 at deepeddy.com
Wed Jun 30 12:54:53 GMT 2004

> From:  Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org>
> Date:  Tue, 29 Jun 2004 16:27:31 -0700
>
> On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 03:43:48PM -0500, Chris Garrigues wrote:
> > > From:  Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org>
> > > Date:  Mon, 28 Jun 2004 13:43:54 -0700
> > >
> > > Can you try with : "defer sharing violations = Yes" but
> > >
> > > kernel oplocks = no
> > > oplocks = yes
> > > level2 oplocks = yes
> > >
> > > Also. I'm starting to think it may be an interaction between
> > > Linux kernel oplocks and deferred opens.
> >
> > I just had a lockup with these values.  This one hung and then gave me th
> > error that the file couldn't be saved and was instead saved to a temporar
> > file.  I'm still running 3.0.5pre2-SVN-build-1287.  smbstatus is showing
> > two locks on the temporary file:
>
> Ok, while I'm looking at the code, here's something that
> Andreas Haumer sent me about a related problem.
>
> "But we did another test and we now know it has something to do
> with the version of MS Office: the error only occurs with (old)
> Excel from Office97, it does not occur with Excel from Office2003!
> I can't explain what is going on here, but maybe that's a hint for
> others having the same problem"
>
> I was wondering what Excel version you're using ?

I'm using Excel 2000, but we've also seen it with Excel 2003.

Sorry.

(I'm still trying to get a new debug log for you.)

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                 http://www.DeepEddy.Com/~cwg/
Trinsic Solutions		http://www.trinsics.com

	    If you don't apply what you've learned, you haven't
	       learned anything.