[Samba] Samba 3.0.4 on RHEL3

Gunther Schlegel schlegel at riege.com
Wed Jun 30 10:36:29 GMT 2004

Hi,

> I want to run Samba 3.0.4 on RHEL3.  The version provided by RedHat is
> samba-3.0.2-6.3E.  I can't find any other RPMs or SRPMs for RHEL3.  Any help
> you can provide would be much appreciated.

a) Complain to RedHat. It is their job to produce packages for their
distribution. Though, from my experiences with them they will not
release an update before RHEL3 Update3 unless absolutely necessary.
Though, Jay Fenlason may already have unofficial builds in
people.redhat.com.

b) You can just use the Fedora RPMS. There are 3.0.4 packages released
for FC1. --> fedora.redhat.com

c) I found out that FC1 samba 3.0.4 and FC2 member servers can't login
to a Domain with a 3.0.2 PDC. So put the 3.0.4 packages on the domain
controllers first. 3.0.4 DCs work well with 3.0.2 member servers.

regards, Gunther

--
Gunther Schlegel                    Riege Software International GmbH
Manager System Administration                            Mollsfeld 10

Disclaimer:
You may grab my GPG key from http://www.keyserver.net .
A nonproportional font is recommended for reading.