[Samba] How I get that a host (domain NT) only gives access to a certain user

Nicki Messerschmidt, Linksystem Muenchen GmbH samba at alienn.net
Wed Jun 30 09:49:31 GMT 2004

Ricardo Chamorro said the following:

> How I get that a host (domain NT) only gives access to a certain
> user. That, for example,  john only has access to the client IP
> 192.168.0.11 or, said otherwise, that the host 192.168.0.11 only give
> access to the user john. How could I implement it? I have looked for
> in Using Samba and Google, but I have not found anything specific...
> It is a domain NT run on Debian Woody knl 2.4.25 with Samba 2.2.8
> (setting as domain master and users security) and the clients are W95
> and 98 with fixed IP.

You could do it via the login script like this:
if "%username%" == "scanner" if not "%computername%" == "SCAN"
\\server\netlogon\bin\logoff.exe /f /n

The file "logoff.exe" ist imho part of the resource kit.

Cheers
Nicki

Linksystem Muenchen GmbH                          info at link-m.de
Schloerstrasse 10                           http://www.link-m.de
80634 Muenchen                              Tel. 089 / 890 518-0
We make the Net work.                       Fax 089 / 890 518-77
PGP Keys:                             https://www.link-m.de/pgp/