[Samba] Inconsistent Connection

msamba at mail-ph.ph.koop.cz msamba at mail-ph.ph.koop.cz
Wed Jun 30 07:33:56 GMT 2004

Hello!

We have exactly the same problem!!!! Our configuration:

RedHat 7.3
Samba 3.0.1
OpenLDAP 2.0.25

1 PDC, 2 BDC

We have Win98, Windows 2000 and Windows XP clients. Only some of them
(about 200 are part of the Samba domain).

Sharing among computers that are not in the domain is OK.

Sharing on computers connected to Samba domain causes exactly the same
problems you describe. It doesn't matter whether you share files or
printers. Sometimes it works, but you are often not able to list
available shares on the client.

I tried:
- shutdown both BDC servers
- create lmhosts file on clients with line:
  IPOfServer	NameOfServer 	#PRE #DOM:NameOfDomain
- check WINS

Nothing helped! And what really suprised me: I realized, I have the same
problems, when I try to connect with smbclient on our Samba server to
share on domain workstation. Sometimes it works, but usually I get error
messages with different NT error codes.

On http://www.volny.cz/msladek/problem.zip there is log file (level 5)
from workstation called armada which provides some shares. I tried to
connect to those shares from workstation named msladek-xp.

I would appreciate any suggestion which could solve our problem.

Best regards

Michal