[Samba] Unable to connect machine to Active Directory Domain

Chris Vaughan Chris.Vaughan at lands.nsw.gov.au
Wed Jun 30 05:12:26 GMT 2004

Greetings,

I have been trying, without success, to connect a linux host to the
Active directory domain of the organisation where I work.

When I use the command, net ads join -U <domain.user> password:
<domain.user.password>, it does not give back a response.

When I run /usr/local/samba/bin/wbinfo -t, it responds with:

checking the trust secret via RPC calls failed
error code was NT_STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR (0xc00000e5)
Could not check secret

This message is intended for the addressee named and
may  contain confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender.
Views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of
the Department of  Lands.

This email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper
for the presence of computer viruses.