[Samba] Microsoft Access & Samba 2.0.3 - Can't open database

Hemil Deshmukh Hemil.Deshmukh at simpl.co.nz
Wed Jun 30 02:42:00 GMT 2004

Hello Friends,

Does anybody have the solution to the problem reported by Richard below?

Is anyone else having problems using Microsoft Access97 to access
database files via Samba 2.0.3?

When I attempt to open the Access database from my unix account via
Samba, I get the Microsoft message:

    Microsoft Access was unable to open the Visual Basic porject for
this database.

    Another user is saving the project now.  Do you want to retry?

            retry        cancel

There definately is no other user accessing this database.  If I copy
the database to my local drive, it opens and work just fine.

The rest of the Samba 2.0.3 system seem to be running fine, except I do
get a lot of the following messages in the log file:

[1999/04/14 13:34:09, 0] smbd/nttrans.c:call_nt_transact_ioctl(1838)
  call_nt_transact_ioctl: Currently not implemented.
[1999/04/14 13:34:18, 0] smbd/password.c:setup_groups(164)
  Unable to initgroups. Error was Invalid argument
[1999/04/14 13:34:18, 0] smbd/password.c:setup_groups(169)
  This is probably a problem with the account samba

Thanx,  Richard Hogue

Regards,

Hemil.