[Samba] Re: [fwd: [Fwd: Re: network response] ]

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Jun 29 23:27:31 GMT 2004

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 03:43:48PM -0500, Chris Garrigues wrote:
> > From:  Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org>
> > Date:  Mon, 28 Jun 2004 13:43:54 -0700
> >
> > Can you try with : "defer sharing violations = Yes" but
> >
> > kernel oplocks = no
> > oplocks = yes
> > level2 oplocks = yes
> >
> > Also. I'm starting to think it may be an interaction between
> > Linux kernel oplocks and deferred opens.
>
> I just had a lockup with these values.  This one hung and then gave me the
> error that the file couldn't be saved and was instead saved to a temporary
> file.  I'm still running 3.0.5pre2-SVN-build-1287.  smbstatus is showing
> two locks on the temporary file:

Ok, while I'm looking at the code, here's something that
Andreas Haumer sent me about a related problem.

"But we did another test and we now know it has something to do
with the version of MS Office: the error only occurs with (old)
Excel from Office97, it does not occur with Excel from Office2003!
I can't explain what is going on here, but maybe that's a hint for
others having the same problem"

I was wondering what Excel version you're using ?

Jeremy.