[Samba] Password Aging with Winbind?

Ben Kim bkim at coe.tamu.edu
Tue Jun 29 17:57:14 GMT 2004

Dear list,

I'd like to know if anyone has a solution that allows a unix account with
expired password to change the password. My problem is similar to
what's described here, but it seems no one answered.

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2004-January/077899.html

If I missed any answer or if someone came up with a solution, could it be
posted here? I have samba 2.2.9 on Solaris 8.

Also, according to my truss, it seems pam_unix.so.1 is the problem (new
password is asked but right after pam_unix.so.1 is called, the error
message is printed 3 times), but could anyone provide an insight if not an
answer?

++quote++

  Interaction with Password Aging
     When password aging is turned on, only a limited set of pos-
     sible  name  services are permitted for the passwd: database
     in the /etc/nsswitch.conf file:

          passwd:
                files
          passwd: