[Samba] missing /etc/inetd.conf file in RH9

Kevin H. Phillips kh-phillips at 9-5usa.org
Mon Jun 28 19:07:33 GMT 2004

I think this is resolved now.  I'll recap what I've done:

Thanks to all who pointed out that /etc/inetd was replaced by the
/etc/xinetd.d directory.

1.  Inserted "ALL:  localhost" into /etc/hosts.allow

2.  Changed the line "disable = yes" in /etc/xinetd.d/swat to "disable = no"

3.  Removed "only from = 127.0.0.1" from the /etc/xinetd.d/swat file

4.  Tried accessing via "http://ip_address_of_samba_host:901"

The last one worked.  Then I tried localhost:901 again and it worked as
well.  Go figure.  I *thought* I was being careful to restart xinetd
after any changes but perhaps I wasn't.

Thanks for all the help.

Kevin