[Samba] Re: [fwd: [Fwd: Re: network response] ]

Chris Garrigues cwg-dated-1088866916.2e9df6 at deepeddy.com
Mon Jun 28 15:01:55 GMT 2004

> From:  Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org>
> Date:  Fri, 25 Jun 2004 17:55:03 -0700
>
> Ok, Chris - if you svn update you'll find I've added a new global parameter to
> control the action of the defer open code. It's called
>
> "defer sharing violations" and it's set to "yes" by default (to emulate Windows
> correctly). Can you svn update and try and reproduce your problem with
> this parameter set to "yes". If you can, try setting it to "no" and seeing
> if the problem goes away.

I'm halfway there.  It just failed with "defer sharing violations = Yes".

I've changed the flag to "No".  Since it doesn't always fail, I'll try all day
to get it to fail.  If it fails, I'll let you know.  If it doesn't, I'll put
it on my client's network this evening and let you know how well it works
there.

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                 http://www.DeepEddy.Com/~cwg/
Trinsic Solutions		http://www.trinsics.com

	    If you don't apply what you've learned, you haven't
	       learned anything.