[Samba] XP-client logs in, but does not load profile from server and only uses a local one.

Navid Zamani nzamani at web.de
Mon Jun 28 13:54:14 GMT 2004

Hi to all,

i'm new to the mailing list, because i already searched the whole list and
google fot this, but i could not find anything:

I have set up a cute Samba 3 PDC as described here:
http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.html#id2498710

In fact the setup is nearly exactly the same. (I've just added one more
share.)

Then i used a XP client to load a local profile to \\%L\Profiles\%u\ like
described in the howtos (forgot where it was) and logged in with that new
user in the domain.

Now the problem: Instead of loading the roaming profile xp created a new
local profile and used this one.
But under My Computer -> User Profiles xp tells me that is's server-saved
but local.

I have set "profile acls" to "Yes" and already tried to give eeryone foul
access to that directory/share, but nothing changed.

Ther is no entry in the logs (log.smbd, log.nmbd, log.winbindd) and the
creaded profile stays on the client, meaning that it's not a temporary
profile.

I'm at my wits' end, because i've never set up an original m$-server! :(

Thanks in advance!

Navid Zamani