[Samba] PAM authentication to access or write folders to folders

Alexander Varga AlexanderVarga at usske.sk
Mon Jun 28 09:48:23 GMT 2004

Are there some tips from you regarding PAM authentication?
I am running Solaris9 with Samba Version 3.0.2a

I found something like this:
pam_smb is a PAM module which allows authentication of UNIX users using an NT
server.... is it good for me, or good enough?

What I need is authenticate Windows users against PAM to access their folders or the folders of their mates.

Seccond question: Will they be able to change permissions of theyr own folders/files?

thanx a lot in advice
Alex