[Samba] missing /etc/inetd.conf file in RH9

Kevin H. Phillips kh-phillips at 9-5usa.org
Sun Jun 27 20:46:47 GMT 2004

I have a RedHat 9.0 machine and just updated to samba-3.0.5pre1.  I had
been running Samba to network two Windoze computers and using a network
printer.  Two weeks ago my house was apparently hit by lightning which
created havoc with my computer/server.  I got it going again but have
noticed several lingering problems.  For one thing, I can't print from
it.  I was going to check things out and when I tried to start swat (by
typing http://localhost:901/) I got a message that the connection was
refused.  I started trying to determine what the problem could be by
reading the FAQs, etc., and in looking at my system noticed that I no
longer have a /etc/inetd.conf file!  Can anyone tell me where to find a
sample file or could somebody send me one of theirs???

Thanks for any help.  You may e-mail me directly if you wish.

Kevin Phillips