[Samba] domain logins fail - nmbd doa

Res res at ausics.net
Sun Jun 27 00:29:02 GMT 2004

This is still  a apain, nmbd just dies off and therefore fails domain
logins..

log shows:
  *****
[2004/06/26 19:43:15, 0] nmbd/nmbd.c:reload_interfaces(263)
   reload_interfaces: No subnets to listen to. Shutting down...

then next day when ppl boot up their horrid XP boxes and try login  we
need to restart samba for them, this is a very big pain being daily event.

# nmbd -V
Version 3.0.4
..with the curent 2.4.26 kernel, and no changes have been made to our
smb.conf file. This is running on a fedora c1 machine, using the fedora
c1 rpm's from thw samba site, not RH's.

I had heard of a similar (same???) bug that I thought was fixed in 3.0.4
or must we downgrade to hte ld version we had that ran for months adn
months untill a fix is located?

TIA,