[Samba] Re: Looping auth problem

Tomás Polák Tomas.Polak at jaga.sk
Sat Jun 26 09:21:04 GMT 2004

Just points to think about:

 - do you are sure, that Samba win the fight to be a domain master browser?
I am using OS level = 255 to be sure. You can take a look into
/var/log/samba/log.nmbd to see the fight results.
>From your answer I assume, that you have more Samba servers in
different roles on your network, so PDC must have highest OS level set
from all to win.

- you have commented out every passdb backed directives, this is confusing
for me, but I am using smbpasswd, not LDAP as you.

- I am using socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192

- Do you are sure, that this is not LDAP-related problem?

- If  you know, which station if causing these repeating authorisations
attempts, do you can set log level to max
and make separate log files per station, to see exactly whats wrong for this
one.

Rest of your smb.conf seems same as my.
TP

--