[Samba] XP 2.2.8a issues

Tom Skeren tms3 at fskklaw.com
Fri Jun 25 16:27:37 GMT 2004

I have some 30 XP boxes in one offices joined to a w2k domain.  The w2k
server has no problem mapping drives on the samba server, however, the
XP workstations refuse.  Put in user name and password in the box after
mapping, and it just pops back up like you've entered a wrong pass/user
name.  I have changed signorseal to 0 in registry to no avail.  Of
course, when the server was NT4, I had no problem.  And if the XP boxes
are in workgroup mode rather than domain mode there's also no problem
maping the samba drives.

Any advise would be appreciated, as I'm about to roof test the worthless
w2k server.