[Samba] Problem setting ACLs on files/folders... plz help!

Kirk Marple kirk-public at agnostic-media.com
Fri Jun 25 16:06:31 GMT 2004

This is actually a Mac OS X Server, and we didn't build the kernel
ourselves.   It's out of the box the way Apple configures it.

The results of smbd -b | grep -i acl shows:  HAVE_NO_ACLS.

That can't be good, can it?

I don't have "nt acl support = yes" in my smb.conf, but that's probably not
gonna help me since HAVE_NO_ACLS is set.

Am I just pretty screwed given the Samba that comes with Mac OS X Server?

Thanks,
Kirk