[Samba] Linux group permissions change not reflected by Samba 3

Tomáš Polák Tomas.Polak at jaga.sk
Fri Jun 25 13:40:09 GMT 2004

Hello,
I am running Samba 3.0 as PDC.
I am very satisfied with Samba.
When changing group ownership via Linux
command line of any file, those changes
are not reflected by Samba, until smbd
is restarted.
I have find, that probably group_mapping.tdb
is a place where Samba have cached those
permissions mapping to Linux. This file is
refreshed only when smbd is started.

But I need to control user rights via Linux
commands and need to have these rights
accepted when users are accessing via
Samba share.

Unfortunatelly I cannot restart Samba each time I change
permissions of some file, because this causes
MS Access application crash, when have opened
files from Samba shares.

Is there any regular way how to tell smbd, that
group permissions was changed?
I try signals, but was unsuccessful.
Maybe I am wrong in my smb.conf...?
(is attached to this post)

Thank you for any response or idea what to try...

Best regards,
Tomas Polak

--
Tato sprava bola prehladana na vyskyt virusov a nebezpecneho obsahu antivirovym systemom na serveri spolocnosti Jaga Group s.r.o. a zda sa byt cista. Info: postmaster at jaga.sk