[Samba] Roaming profiles. How to do it ?

Flávio Henrique flavinhohenrique at terra.com.br
Thu Jun 24 17:38:46 GMT 2004

Hi all..

I'm using Samba 3.0.2a on Mandrake 10, serving +/- 50 win98 clients.

I'm using this options:

logon path = \\%N\%U\profile
logon home =  \\%N\%U\profile

but the roaming profile seems do not working... at least the way that I
want. (maybe this is the right behavior).
    What I want:
    -> When an user logins on MACHINE1 the profile that is saved in
Linux begin download to MACHINE1
    -> When this user logoff from MACHINE1 the profile must update on
linux server
    -> If this user logins on MACHINE2 the profile (updated) must be
downloaded to MACHINE2

But is not happen like this. When the user logins for the first time on
MACHINE1 a local profile is created using the "All users" folder (under
\windows\profiles)

I'm not sure if the option " logon home = \\%N\%U\profile " tells Samba
to do what I want.

Somone can help me ?

Thank you in advance.

Flávio Henrique