[Samba] Samba+LDAP Joining domain...weird problem!!!

abebe lsslp peaceofcrap2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 24 15:25:27 GMT 2004

Hey,
I was having this problem, with samba+ldap pdc created
using IDEALX tools

[root at eaglex etc]# smbpasswd -w XXXXXX
Setting stored password for
"uid=samba,ou=Users,dc=eaglex,dc=wbc" in secrets.tdb
[root at eaglex etc]# smbldap-useradd -w winxp$
failed to add entry: modifications require
authentication at /usr/sbin//smbldap_tools.pm line
366.

So I made some adjustments to /etc/samba/smb.conf,
/etc/ldap.conf, and
/etc/smbldap-tools/smbldap_bind.conf and tried the
following

[root at eaglex smbldap-tools]# smbpasswd -w XXXXXX
Setting stored password for
"cn=Manager,dc=eaglex,dc=wbc" in secrets.tdb
[root at eaglex smbldap-tools]# smbldap-useradd -w winxp$
[root at eaglex smbldap-tools]#

This seems to be working fine. However, as I try to
join the domain from 'winxp' (logged in as
'Administrator' and using 'root'),I still get "Access
is denied" message on the xp workstation. The weird
thing is, I don't see anymore logs in
/var/log/messages, smbd.log, or winxp.log. I have
tried restarting the XP computer as well.

I am just out ideas with no clues to follow. Please,
show me your greatness on this matter!!!

Ambex