[Samba] Cannot install printers via CUPS in Samba3.0.2a on debian sarge

Wolfgang Wagner wolfgang.wagner at riwa-gis.de
Thu Jun 24 11:55:11 GMT 2004

Hello,

please help me:
After searching for nearly 2 weeks for a solution, I have to ask for
assistance:

System:
debian sarge - update from an working installaton on woody (without printing)

Now the samba server joins ADS, authenticates users, but should also provide
printers.
I have installed cups, configured my smb.conf:
---------------------------------
[global]
   load printers = yes
   printing = cups
   printcap name = printcap.cups

[print$]
   path = /var/samba
   browseable = no
   write list = root

[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /var/spool/cups
   browseable = no
   public = yes
   guest ok = yes
   writable = no
   printable = yes

[kyo1750]
   comment = S/W-Laserdrucker Kyocera FS-1750
   printeable = yes
   path = /var/spool/samba/kyo1750
--------------------------------
printcap.cups :

kyo1750|kyo1750:rm=riwake1:rp=kyo1750:
--------------------------------

OK, and here is my problem:

no printer appear in network-neigbourhood - I can not connect
to the printer from any windows box, but printing the testpage from cups
works fine.

Wher should I look for more debugging?
Did I miss anything?
Or is my understanding of printing wrong?

I am absolutely without an idea where to go from here on.
Reading the samba-docs did not help me really, and the new book
"samba-3 by example" is on the way to me.

Thank you for any hint.

Wolfgang Wagner
--
Systemadministration
Riwa GmbH, Zwingerstraße 1, 87435 Kempten, +49-831-52 29 63-537
eMail:    wolfgang.wagner at riwa-gis.de