[Samba] samba and photoshop

brenth at luma-pictures.com brenth at luma-pictures.com
Thu Jun 24 02:03:48 GMT 2004

Hello all, I have a OSX server that is serving to an XP box via samba.
When the user on the XP box tries to save a file out of photoshop, It
errors out giving a "delay write failure" error. He can save local and
then copy it to the same directory without a problem. If you open a
different paint app ( or any app for that matter) on the XP box ( ex,
paint or paint shop pro), it works fine. you can save files to the OSX
server no problem, but if you open the exact file in photoshop and do a
save as, it won't save.

My hunch is that there is something photoshop is doing as it saves that
samba doesn't like, maybe tring to save a temp cache file or something.

I have tried the same action ( same file) with a totally different OSX
server ( fresh install, with only afp and samba turned on) and XP box,
with the exect same results. Has anyone ever seen this and maybe know a
work around?

Thanks
Brent