[Samba] RedHat Enterprise 3.0 RPMs

Glenn Arnold garnold at unrealsolutions.com
Wed Jun 23 17:08:35 GMT 2004

I currently have a Redhat 9 server running Samba 3.0.4.  I need to move
the Samba data to a different server that I installed the Redhat
Enterprise 3.0, because Redhat Enterprise will not upgrade Redhat 9.
The problem is that Redhat Enterprise 3.0 comes with samba-3.0.2-6.3E
which I assume that this version based of 3.0.2 with the printer and
security patches.  The problem is I do not think I can down grade to
3.0.2 since I am at 3.0.4 is this correct?  If I upgrade the Redhat
Enterprise 3.0 to samba 3.0.4 can I use a Redhat 9 RPM or Fedora RPM or
would I be better off to build my own?

Thanks
-Glenn