[Samba] [ ] share access controls

Hall Stephen SJHALL at qinetiq.com
Wed Jun 23 15:52:27 GMT 2004

hi,
  I am running with Samba 3.0.4 compiled under Solaris 9 using winbind to
authenticate against a W2K server running as a ADS DC. All appears to be
working OK
except ...

According to my reading of the Samba docs I should be able to modify
the share permissions (share access controls) using the Computer Management
Console of a windows client (XP or 2000) whilst logged on as the domain
admin.

Alas this isn't working for me and I am getting the following message:
"Unable to save permission changes. Access denied"

I would be grateful for any clues on how to get this aspect working.

	many thanks
		steve

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information
is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Emails and other electronic communication with QinetiQ may be monitored.
Calls to QinetiQ may be recorded for quality control,
regulatory and monitoring purposes.