[Samba] Files and directories permissions AND Administrator account

f.renzetti at fabaris.it f.renzetti at fabaris.it
Wed Jun 23 16:28:38 GMT 2004

We have Fedora Core 2, samba-3.0.3-5, kernel 2.6.5
We set acl support in fstab
We configured samba with acl support + openldap 2.1.29 as passwd backend.

In a shared folder "testshare" we set the following directives:

[testshare]
comment = ......
path = /home/testshare
read only = no
nt acl support = yes
create mask = 0700
directory mask = 0700
security mask = 0777
directory security mask = 0777
dos filemode = yes

the output of 'ls -l /''  command is:
drwxrwxrwx    root    root    home

the output of 'ls -l /home' command is:
drwxrwxrwx    root    root    testshare

We would create a subfolder (doc) of testshare folder from a win2k client with the user fred:

/home
     ----- testshare
                   ---------- doc

so to have:
drwxrwx---    fred    fred    doc

The problem is that another user (like fabio) could not read into this new subfolder :-)   but he can rename or delete it :-(
Could you help us to solve this problem??

We have another problem with Administrator account
When Administrator log on a client he has not privilege to do anything else a normal user......

Sorry for our english and thanks in advance....

Renzetti Federico

System/Network Administrator
RedHat Certified Engineer

Fabaris srl