[Samba] RE: wbinfo - Missing Domain Groups

Ryan Frantz RyanFrantz at informed-llc.com
Tue Jun 22 20:17:34 GMT 2004

In delving deeper into my problem, I have found one common denominator
in all of the domain groups that are not presented when I run 'wbinfo
-g'.  Each of them is set up with a Global Scope of 'Domain Local'.  The
other options available for this configuration setting are 'Global'
(these groups show up!), and 'Universal' (don't have any of these).

I don't know much about this setting.  Any MCSEs out there that do?

I could recreate those groups, but I'm worried that it may impact my
current protections since a new SID will be created.

Anybody have any ideas?  Can winbind be configured to see these types of
groups as well?

See my original post below for more information.

TIA,

ry