[Samba] Converting local user account(LDAP) to samba account

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Tue Jun 22 15:50:56 GMT 2004

Yunus wrote:

>hi all,
>   I have got a redhat 9 linux machine with all user account maintained in
>ldap.
>   Now I plan to install a samba pdc with ldap as backend.
>
>   Can anyone in this list guide me how to migrate all current user account
>   (posixAccount) maintain in ldap to samba account.

For getting your posix data in, you should really be asking the LDAP
lists.

For getting your samba data from the smbpasswd file to ldap, use the
pdbedit command:

pdbedit --import=smbpasswd:/path/to/smbpasswd --export=ldap

--
Paul Gienger                     Office:		701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.         Cell:			701-306-6254