[Samba] Offline Files with W2K - Samba 3 Problem

Wolfgang.Halbartschlager at rembrandtin.com Wolfgang.Halbartschlager at rembrandtin.com
Tue Jun 22 08:03:36 GMT 2004

Dear Samba Team !

First of all I want to say, that now we use Samba 3 in our company since
August 2003 and we are very pleased. But there is one thing, that doesn't
work all the time and this thing is very important for our company.

The offline files function of W2K works fine with Samba 3. But if you
change an offline synched file in the OFFLINE MODE and you like to sync it
back to the file server, you can't synchronize it, because the FILE
permissions are incorrect. I think, that W2K first wants to put an 0KB File
on the Server and fill it then up with its Data. After this process the old
file should be deleted and the new filled up file should be renamed into
the old file's name.

I hope you could unterstand me and also I hope you'll give me an answer.

Thanks !

With best regards...
Wolfgang Halbartschlager

Rembrandtin Lack Ges.m.b.H.