[Samba] Samba3-LDAP PDC and SUSE OpenExchange

Board, Clint cboard at ufsonline.com
Mon Jun 21 19:56:33 GMT 2004

Hi all,
I have setup a Samba3 PDC and BDC with an LDAP backend to replace my current
NT 4.0 infrastructure. This configuration is working fine. I also am testing
integration of SuSE OpenExchange and would like to have it authenticate
logons via the domain LDAP database.

>From my preliminary testing i have found that OpenExchange attempts an LDAP
search for some information regarding the cyrus user (PreferredLanguage to
be exact) during loading of the login page via the webmail interface. I do
see the search request hit the PDC LDAP server, but because of the directory
structure differences that OpenExchange is looking for, this obviously
fails.

Has anyone taken this on or have some input?

I know this is probably more an OpenExchange question but i wanted to see if
the Samba community has spent any time on this. I am assuming at this point
it will take source modifications of the OpenExchange code but i am not
sure.
--
this message has been intercepted