[Samba] samba 3.0.4 don't works with cracklib

Iván M. Marzán Rocha ivanm at fadesa.es
Mon Jun 21 10:12:10 GMT 2004

Hi!

I've wrote to you on previous occasion but surprisingly nobody seems to have
this
problem, I don't know if it can be an error mine in the configuration files
or if it's a problem in the Samba with cracklib, well I've installed samba
3.0.4
and put in the file /etc/pam.d/samba an entry to the cracklib library but smbd
seems
to do nothing with this line, I've devel cracklib's libraries installed and my
cracklib works properly with the system accounts.

I hope you tell me some idea because I'm very lost.

Thanks you in advance.

My configuration files are these:

The smb.conf has:

[global]
        workgroup = DOMINFO73
        interfaces = 127.0.0.1, eth0
        bind interfaces only = Yes
        obey pam restrictions = Yes
        smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd %u
        passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://demonio.servidores.fadesa
        pam password change = Yes
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        unix password sync = Yes
        load printers = No
        logon script = inicio.bat
        logon home = \\%N\%U\samba.perfiles
        log level = 3
        domain logons = Yes
        domain master = Yes
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        ldap suffix = dc=fadesa,dc=es
        ldap machine suffix = ou=maquinas
        ldap user suffix = ou=personas
        ldap group suffix = ou=grupos
        ldap idmap suffix = ou=idmap
        ldap admin dn = cn=manager,dc=fadesa,dc=es
        ldap ssl = no
        ldap passwd sync = Yes
        idmap backend = ldap:ldap://demonio.servidores.fadesa

[homes]
        comment = Home Directories
        valid users = %S
        read only = No
        browseable = No

[public]
        comment = Carpeta p�lica
        path = /tmp/samba.compartida
        read only = No
        guest ok = Yes

[netlogon]
        comment = The domain netlogon service
        path = /home/%U/samba.netlogon
        read only = No
        browseable = No

The /etc/pam.d/samba file has these lines:

#%PAM-1.0
auth            required        pam_warn.so
auth            requisite       pam_nologin.so
auth            required        pam_unix.so
account         required        pam_warn.so
account         required        pam_unix.so
password        required        pam_warn.so
password        required        pam_cracklib.so retry=3 type=
#password       required        pam_pwcheck.so
#password       required        pam_unix.so shadow md5 use_authtok
try_first_pass
session         required        pam_unix.so