[Samba] Lag on network using Samba

binc5 binc5 at ctech.ac.za
Fri Jun 18 12:08:07 GMT 2004

** High Priority **

Thanks Keith

This seems to solve the problem, would you mind explaining, what causes
the delay, and if I wanted to have user security is there a way I could
do this without incuring the delay?

Thanks
Steven

>>> Keith Edmunds <keith at midnighthax.com> 6/18/2004 11:39:12 AM >>>
On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 11:18:20 +0200
"binc5" <binc5 at ctech.ac.za> wrote:

> I am using Samba for a file server and get a lag when accessing
files
> across the network, I assume it is due to inactivity, because the
first
> file I access takes the longest to access, and then other files I
access
> immediatly after are much faster.

What is "security = " set to in smb.conf? If it is not set, it defaults
"user". Are you able/willing/etc to use "security = domain"?

Keith

~~~~ Scanned by neroAntiVirus.com (10:40:59 SPITFIRE) ~~~~

Disclaimer
This e-mail transmission contains confidential information,
which is the property of the sender.
The information in this e-mail or attachments thereto is
intended for the attention and use only of the addressee.
Should you have received this e-mail in error, please delete
and destroy it and any attachments thereto immediately.
Under no circumstances will the Cape Technikon or the sender
of this e-mail be liable to any party for any direct, indirect,
special or other consequential damages for any use of this e-mail.
For the detailed e-mail disclaimer please refer to
http://www.ctech.ac.za/polic or call +27 (0)21 460 3911