[Samba] Problem with sending winpopup messages

Grigoriy Shushpanov shugri at ngs.ru
Thu Jun 17 22:25:11 GMT 2004

Hi There,
I'm using Mandrakelinux 10.0 Community, kernel version 2.6 I want to send a
message to Windows clients from my Samba 3.0.2a box. Clients are w2k and
winxp. If i say in CL
$> smbclient -M recipient_machine
then recieve error message "session request failed".
Here the part of debug log:
------------------------------------
[gri at griff gri]$ smbclient -M serv -d5
Sent session request
size=1
smb_com=0x0
smb_rcls=0
smb_reh=0
smb_err=0 smb_flg=0
smb_flg2=0
smb_tid=0
smb_pid=0
smb_uid=0
smb_mid=0
smt_wct=0 smb_bcc=0
tdb(unnamed): tdb_open_ex: could not open file
/var/cache/samba/lang_ru_RU:ru.tdb: Permission denied
session request failed
gri at griff gri]$
-------------------------------------
But. When I try send winpopup message to me, all works fine.
See the second log. The logs are the same, but not for this parts.
-------------------------------------
[gri at griff gri]$ smbclient -M griff -d5
Sent session request
size=0
smb_com=0x0
smb_rcls=0
smb_reh=0
smb_err=0 smb_flg=0
smb_flg2=0
smb_tid=0
smb_pid=0
smb_uid=0
smb_mid=0
smt_wct=0 smb_bcc=0
size=37
smb_com=0xd5
smb_rcls=0
smb_reh=0
smb_err=0
smb_flg=136 smb_flg2=51201
smb_tid=65535
smb_pid=2713
smb_uid=0
smb_mid=2
smt_wct=1 smb_vwv[0]= 0 (0x0)
smb_bcc=0
tdb(unnamed): tdb_open_ex: could not open file
/var/cache/samba/lang_ru_RU:ru.tdb: Permission denied
Connected. Type your message, ending it with a Control-D
 Anybody can help me.
Best regards
Griff
sorry but my english isn't so good