[Samba] Samba + MS Access

Dan Weisenstein dan at tesoro.com
Thu Jun 17 16:41:46 GMT 2004

ARG!! Well, I put 'force user = database' onto the smb.conf file,
stopped and restarted smb and I still get the lock file owned by the
user with permissions of 644. It's almost as if smb is ignoring the
smb.conf file.

Here is the output of smbstatus:

Samba version 3.0.4-SUSE
PID Username Group Machine
4251 dan users rendering (192.168.1.55)
4253 heidi users heidi-front (192.168.1.220)

Service pid machine Connected at
shared 4253 heidi-front Thu Jun 17 09:34:05 2004
shared 4251 rendering Thu Jun 17 09:32:55 2004
Locked files:
Pid DenyMode Access R/W Oplock Name
4251 DENY_NONE 0x2019f RDWR EXCLUSIVE+BATCH /shared/Access/Customer
Tables.ldb Thu Jun 17 09:32:55 2004
4251 DENY_NONE 0x2019f RDWR EXCLUSIVE+BATCH /shared/Access/Customer
Tables.mdb Thu Jun 17 09:32:55 2004

Dan