[Samba] Idealx programs and ldap backend

Adrian Chow achow at uwcsea.edu.sg
Wed Jun 16 16:56:28 GMT 2004

Hi Paul,

thanks for the reply.
2 questions:-
1.  In the smbldap-useradd.pl file, there are lines that are commented out.  SInce my add machine script is only with "-w", and my with_smbpasswd variable in the smbldap_conf is =0, i found that it will only create a posix account on the ldap.  I don't see it creating the samba portion in the ldap.  Does it do it automatically?  My ldap shows that the samba portion is done automatically.  [However I think I have to join the domain 2 times for each machine.... don't know why the first time it joins it fails..  The second time succeeds.]
2.  Can I know what happens if my refferals is not done properly and I point my passwd backend to the ldap slave server?  Does it have an effect only when a machine joins the domain?

Thanks.

adrian

From: Paul Gienger <pgienger at ae-solutions.com>
Date:  Wed, 16 Jun 2004 07:50:31 -0500