[Samba] problem with samba-ldap on RH9

Raquel Sánchez r.sanchez at bren.es
Wed Jun 16 16:40:21 GMT 2004

Hi,

I have a computer with RH9, I've installed openldap and samba. I've configured OpenLdap and it runs ok. I've added a LDIF file with ldapadd and I had no problems, and I've configured smbldap-tools. I've configured linux using the command authconfig, no problems again. However, I have a probem when I try to test my system:
I can create a system account in LDAP:
[root at ldapsmbserv /]# smbldap-useradd.pl -m testuser1

And change the user password:
[root at ldapsmbserv /]# smbldap-passwd.pl testuser1
New password:
Retype new password:
All authentication tokens updated successfully

But I can't login on my system:
[root at ldapsmbserv /]# ssh testuser1 at ldapsmbserv
testuser1 at ldapsmbserv's password:
Permission denied, please try again

Any idea for this? Could anybody help me?

Thanks a lot.

Raquel.